Sunday, September 27, 2009
Staining the Deck
Yesterday we had such a busy day. It felt really great to get so many things done. We went to Home Depot and bought a sump pump, stain for the deck, a bathtub (it was on sale), some paint for a project I hope to get to later this week, and a few misc. items. This was after we'd cleaned the basement and cold storage. Then Nate and I got to work. I sanded the deck while he "played" with the sump pump.
I sanded everything but the inside of the bottom legs of the deck. Seeing as how there was a nice wasp nest there, I was a chicken. Nate poisoned then sanded.
He used the compressor on his truck and blew all the sawdust off. Then we started staining. (Doesn't my hair look cute? Nate enjoyed making fun of me, but heck, it was hot and it helped to pull it up.)
Kayla was having lots of fun being our photographer. She took a ton of pictures. We told the girls they had to stay inside once we started staining the steps. Kayla said, "So... I'm in charge." Scary question!!! She unloaded the dishwasher, entertained her sister, took pictures, and brought us water. Nate and I were very impressed with our helper.
It is a little red, but it should fade a little in the next week or so. Either way, it looks so much better than the bright orange they did originally.
As a reward for all our hard work we went to the last night at the drive-in. It was a triple feature starting at 8:00 and ending about 12:45. First was Aliens in the Attic-"kinda scary but good in the end," then Ice Age 3, and finally Night at the Museum 2-Allie really wanted to see this, but she only made it about 10 minutes into the show. Nate and I were both struggling to stay awake. I suggested twice we leave, but both times a wide-eyed Kayla changed my mind. I can't believe she lasted for all three movies. Once the show was over though, Kayla was asleep before we even made it out of the drive-in to the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you had as much fun as we did - I'm sure I couldn't have done a triple feature!
Post a Comment