I made the flowers ahead of time, and then after talking to Darla found out I'd used the wrong recipe for the frosting. Fortunately they did harden enough to pick up. After a busy evening, I finally got started on frosting the cake last night around 10pm. I realize for a pro this little cake would be very fast to whip out, but it took me until at least 1:30 in the morning. I opted not to separate all three levels with columns since lots of little kids were going to be running around playing. I did the top layer GF for Kayla, and the other two layers regular. I think it turned out okay. The girls liked it, and that is what counts really.
BTW does anyone need some flowers. I was planning on making two separate cakes and so I made oodles of flowers just in case. I hate to waste them. I guess I'm going to have to decorate the other cakes that I didn't use.
I really need to get tip 2D, it is the flowers I wanted, but Walmart carries maybe 10 tips total. With gas prices, there was no way I was going to drive into Salt Lake just for that.
1 comment:
You did a great job on the cake, and I'm sure the girls were even more excited that 'mom did it!'
Post a Comment