Saturday, June 21, 2008

Swimming in the Backyard

This morning the girls were having a hard time cleaning, and I told them if they cleaned fast enough we would fill the pool before going grocery shopping. Suddenly Kayla turned into a cleaning machine. In no time their room was livable again, lunch was served, and we were off to Walmart. The girls were very well behaved as we filled two shopping carts-okay one mostly held girls. By the time we got home the water had warmed up just enough and the girls were ready. We got the girls changed and smeared sunscreen all over them. (Kayla has learned that it is required and doesn't fight me anymore, and Allie keeps wanting more and more rubbed all over.)
Allie giggled at her suit, but Kayla was so excited to see her swimsuit again. She wanted to make sure Daddy got a good picture of her decked out before she went outside.
I'm not sure why Nate filled both pools, but the girls had fun bouncing between them. Kayla decided the little pool was lots warmer-cuz it was in the shade.
I believe Allie had just gone under the water before this picture was taken. Allie was soaked from head to toe almost immediately, and only the ends of Kayla's hair ever got wet.
Catch Kayla!
Bathing Beauties. The girls climbed in and out of the pool a hundred times. Nate helped them lay out their towels, and as their waitress I brought ice water.
What a model!
Cheese!!!
Did you know Kayla could walk on water?
Time to let the water out! You can't believe how hard it was to get both girls to stop playing long enough to look at the camera at the same time.

1 comment:

Darla K said...

I wanna play too!