Thursday, October 08, 2009

Dinosaur Park in October

After going to Union Station, we all stopped for lunch. At the celiac walk, Dad won a gift certificate to a little restaurant in Harrisville. None of us had any clue where Harrisville was even located. After a quick phone call, we found it is a tiny town on the north end of Ogden. We were able to enjoy yummy gluten free pizza and regular pizza that was actually quite reasonable in price.
Then it was a dilemma what to do. Finally we decided on Nate taking the kids to Dinosaur Park and Mom, Dad, and I running to Kohls. I was really torn between wanting to play with my family and accomplishing an errand without having to drag the kids. It turned out to be a really good thing. I think the girls really needed a Daddy daughters date. They all had so much fun! I get so much time with them that he misses out on. It sounds like they all had a blast!
I'm not sure that's the safest place to put your head.

RRRRRRrrrrrrr!
The girls were quite intrigued by this mummy. It moved it's eyes all around and was really pretty creepy.
Have you ever seen an acorn with it's top still attached? We hadn't. I guess there were acorns all over the ground, and they searched until they found one still attached. Kayla was so excited she put it in her pocket to show me later. Unfortunately, when she pulled it out, the top had popped off. Still, it was pretty cool. If I'd known, I would have had them gather a bunch for me to fill a bowl for fall decorations.
Kayla was fascinated by everything this trip. She was very curious and wanted to learn so much. Allie had fun following her big sister around soaking in her knowledge.
I'm so thankful these two are such good friends. Lately, I've had so many people tell me how their kids don't get along. They are very lucky to have each other.
The place was decorated for Halloween with skeletons everywhere. There were even half eaten bodies lying around. Nate was surprised how gruesome some were, but I guess they did have a warning at the entrance.
Just look at their faces...they're absolutely terrified.
I absolutely LOVE the reading program at Kayla's school. It has made such a difference for her. She used to hate reading, but now she's loving it!

Learning about the dinosaurs.
The girls loved climbing all over this new Dinosaur jungle gym.
Kayla got this picture of Nate with this gigantasaurous.
The learning center was open, and they girls had sooooo much fun playing. They really liked making dinosaurs with these puzzle bones.
There were regular puzzles too and pictures to color.
Kayla is such a good colorer.
Allie just looking cute!
Riding a dinosaur!!!

No comments: