Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's Day

With Valentine's on Sunday, and everybody not feeling real well, I decided to have some fun with our meals. After the girls went to bed Saturday night, Nate and I set the table for breakfast. The girls were pretty happy to discover Valentine's waiting on the table for them.
Everybody got a few little Valentine's and some treats.
Kayla likes it.
Can we eat some now?
Daddy and Allie picked out these beautiful flowers for me.
Daddy made pink heart pancakes for breakfast.
I found some candles to add to the table for dinner. Both girls loved having "fire" at the table.
For dinner I tried to make something everybody would like. We ate ham, green beans, Au gratin potatoes, garlic cheese biscuits, and Bavarian raspberry jello. Then I made two batches of brownies for dessert (so I could freeze a bunch for Kayla for school parties, birthdays, etc.).
It was the perfect Valentine's Day. No big presents or stress, just enjoying the company of those I call my Valentine's.

1 comment:

Josh and Terra said...

Such a fun idea!! What a creative mom! Love the photos!