Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Day we celebrated with a small dinner at Mom and Dad's house. It was just them, us, and Dan-not quite our normal group. Since it was a little smaller, I decided I wanted to play and make the table a little fancier. Unfortunately I didn't decide this until Thursday morning so I just had to make do with what I could find around the house and the gourds and platters I'd brought from home.

Hello!
Mom made fun little name cards for everybody. The kids wanted to be at their own table, so we had plenty of room at the kitchen table.
Makayla and Allie were happy to have their own table. Kayla LOVED the turkey, and Allie LOVED the fruit. Both ate really well, and I am thankful for how good they are both doing at eating.
Hello from Nate too!
And the pies ta resist ace-The Turkey
I love that we have a special holiday to take time to express our thanks for all our many blessing. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I am privileged to have him in my life. He is so good to put up with me and work so hard for all of us. I love him so much. I also am so grateful for Makayla and Allison. Makayla has grown so much in the last year. She's learned to eat so many new foods and is so much more willing to try new things. It's been a hard road getting her to eat, but I am so thankful that it is finally paying off. Makayla has also learned to love reading, and I couldn't be happier for her. I know the love of reading is such an important thing that will help her in so many areas throughout her life. Kayla is such a good sister and helper around the house. Allison has such a bubbly bouncy personality and when she giggles, you can't help but smile. I am thankful for her positive attitude and desire to be good. She is always trying to help like her sister, and she is loving to learn at preschool. I am so grateful for all of our family. We appreciate your love and support in all we do. I am thankful we live in a great neighborhood with such friendly people. And mostly I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for all that he has done for me. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be with my family for all eternity. I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel to guide me through my life. I would not want to be without it. I love you all and hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Darla K said...

Thanks for your sweet thoughts. We love you too.