Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playing with Cousins

Darla brought Morgan and Jordyn down for Kayla and Allie's dance recital. The girls all had soooo much fun playing together. We really do need to get them together more often. Sunday morning I got to do 4 girls hair for church. It was a little more-double what I'm used to so we went with simple braids across the top and curls. They loved having their hair the same and were thrilled to head off to primary together.
Once at church, I skipped out on singing time and joined Mom and Darla for Relief Society. While there I started having contractions. They were 3-5 minutes apart. I got up as soon as the lesson ended, wondering if walking around would help them stop. It definitely did not. The contractions just got stronger, so I grabbed Nate from singing time. My friends in the primary presidency figured something was up, and before we knew what was happening they had a sub for our class. We were sent home to decide if it was the real deal or not.
Since I've never really done the contraction thing, it was a bit scary for me. After debating and talking to the hospital, Nate and I decided to head into the U of U. I continued having contractions regularly for hours on end. Unfortunately I wasn't progressing. Finally after multiple doctors and midwives consulted, I was sent home. We were told it would be best if we could stay closer to the hospital. Of course we didn't have anywhere to do that, so we went home with the understanding we could easily be back in the middle of the night.
Nothing happened though. We're still just waiting and dealing with ever worsening contractions that aren't doing anybody any good.
While we were gone, the girls just played and played together. They got out Nate's magnetix and played with those for hours. Even after Morgan and Jordyn left, my girls continued to play with them all of Sunday and all of Monday. They made people and clothes. They set up stores and sold all of their creations to each other. I guess it was pretty cute. We're so grateful that our girls can have such fun with their cousins. And we're so grateful that Mom stayed an extra day while we hung out at the hospital.

No comments: