Friday, May 28, 2010

Target Practice

Actually no paper targets were used, but there were definitely guns being shot. Tyler brought some of his gun collection for everybody to use. After a great lesson on gun safety, Kayla was ready to go. They shot for a short time, but the snow just kept getting worse. Nate and Dad had a great time shooting some Dr. Pepper cans.

The next day, Allie and I decided to come along. Here she is with Daddy. There is just something weird about seeing my little girls with guns in their hands.
Amy-all ready to go.
Carefully taking her shot.
Cory helping Allie line up her target.
I took a turn at the shotgun. My arms are so short I can barely reach to hold and shoot the thing. I much prefer the 22 or handgun.
After taking a few shots, the girls were happy to just hand clay pigeons to the thrower for whoever was using the shotgun.
Cory taking his turn. Nate shooting Clay pigeons. He got the record-6 in a row...well
Nate was the record holder until Tyler took a turn. He hit 10 in a row, no problem. Considering his job, his and others safety could depend on the accuracy of his aim. So we're very grateful he's such a good shot.



As the shells would fly from the shotgun, sometimes they would land standing upright. It was driving Allie crazy. She just couldn't wait to knock them over. Cory and Daddy took a break to let her at them.
It was fun, and I know someday Nate would like to own a gun. But for now, with young kids, I'm good with just contributing to the cost of ammo. Thanks for sharing Tyler!

No comments: