Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Stop 4-The Aquarium

The Aquarium is another place we'd never made it to. It was really very cool.

Everybody really liked the stingrays. You could reach in and touch them. We spent a lot of time playing around here. Melissa, Jordyn, Katie, Morgan, Kayla, Ethan, Travis, and Jonas.
Jessica and the stingrays.
Meet the 100 year old 40 pound lobster.
Check out this cool octopus. It was really interesting to watch him move around.
Jordyn and Kayla with the jellyfish.
I don't remember the name for this, but Allie calls it an alligator-close enough. I was informed it was kinda scary.
Shark! Jordyn and Allie both jumped pretty good when this shark came from behind the wall and went right against the wall in front of us.
There is also a little area where you can touch a few other things like starfish. Ethan especially liked this area even if you can't tell from the picture.
I had to hold Allie back to keep her from falling head first into the water. She was completely soaked. I'm guessing her mermaid picture must have been taken with Jessica's camera since that's the only one we didn't get downloaded. I need to get a copy of that for sure.
Look at that stingray.
If you ever have a chance, I highly recommend stopping by the Aquarium. It really only takes about an hour to go through, but it is really cool. After such a busy day, the dim lights and quiet atmosphere were a welcome change.

No comments: