Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sick Kids

This morning Allie woke up with a few small bumps on her foot. I was on the lookout for the dreaded hand, foot, and mouth disease; so I canceled visiting teaching (my partner has a new baby and both sisters have lots of kids). Then I canceled Kayla's playdate just in case. Allie was extra cuddly and feverish.

I finally talked her into soaking in the bathtub. When I washed her 20 minutes later she was covered in spots, from her toes to her tummy and back. The worst spots though are in the palms of her hands. She hates dirty hands and feeling the bumps is really bothering her.

Kayla was spot free when she woke up, but after cleaning the tub and giving her a turn, we found them on her legs and tummy. Kayla had a fever too before she made it out of the tub.

We are now a quarantined household. And I just thought I'd share some of the positive and negative things Kayla has decided come with being sick.

Positive-Mom let's sick kids watch extra tv.
Negative-Mom won't let sick kids play with friends.
Positive-I can't clean my room-I'm sick.
Negative-I don't feel so good.
Positive-I don't have to listen-I'm sick.
Negative-Mom and Dad still think I have to listen.
Positive-Mom and I can get lots of extra reading time in.
Negative-from Mom-My babies don't' feel very well.
Positive-from Mom-My kids are extra cuddly.
Negative-from Mom-MOM, MOMMY, MOOOOOOMMMM-need I say more.

1 comment:

Darla K said...

hope you all feel better soon - I like the pro-con list. ;)