Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

This year Nate had to work nights for several nights before and after Valentine's Day. We decided to spread out our celebrations. Monday I got a babysitter and Nate and I went to Outback in Sandy. I'd never been there before even though we've tried several times. It was fine, but our steak and ribs were both a little dry. Mostly it was just nice to have an evening out.

Here were are making Valentine's for each other. They planned to make them for all their cousins, but in the end decided to go play with friends instead of finishing.
"I love you!" It was cute the girls gave each other a big bear hug after exchanging Valentine's.
We told the girls we bought tickets to Disney on Ice. I'm not sure they really understand. I've tried to tell them we're not going to Disneyland, and I hope they won't be disappointed when we just go into Salt Lake.
I got all my Valentine's big kisses. The girls were more than a little disappointed when we wouldn't let them eat the whole thing at once.
Kayla and Nate brought me home this cool heart ivy. Then while we were gone, Kayla had to keep checking with Daddy to make sure he was watering it properly.
Before leaving for Pocatello, I decided to surprise Nate by making a heart pan of brownies. Since I was making him some, I also thought I'd bring one to Pocatello. Unfortunately my pans melted. I found them after only 10 minutes. I was amazed how easy it was to clean up. However I did have to call my neighbor and borrow her oven to make some last minute Valentine cookies for Kayla's party at school. I was planning on throwing them in after the brownies were done, but I didn't have time to wait for the oven to cool and clean it before I needed to leave. Thank heavens for good friends. Kayla would have been awfully disappointed if she was the only kid without a snack at the party.
I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: