Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sisters

I had been telling Allie to get in her booster for dinner, but she just didn't want to listen. I walked over to her-took the bowl of potpourri out of her hands-and gave her a look and simply said time to eat. Apparently it was more than she could handle. Off she ran to her bedroom. I asked Makayla to please put the napkins by each plate figuring I'd give Allie a few minutes. Kayla looked at me and said, "I need to go check on Allie. She likes me to comfort her when she gets in trouble."
I immediately remembered a similar situation when Amy was probably about two and me 6. Amy had just gotten in trouble and she came running to find me. I would always try to comfort her just like Kayla is doing to Allie now. Isn't it funny how history repeats itself.

2 comments:

Darla K said...

Ah, that is too sweet. They are good together.

Anonymous said...

oh come on I never got in trouble.