The fence was missing some slats. As I looked closer I saw an extension cord running through the fence and plugged into our house. Excuse me. There was nothing on the other side that I could see, but with my boot there was no way I was going to trapse through the muddy yard to check it out. I called Nate who told me to unplug it and see if anyone came to find out why they lost power. Kayla unplugged it for me, and we locked the doors to wait. Nate called back saying he'd just gotten off the phone with Tooele county dispatch. They were sending somebody over. The police officer said there was a really nice Ryobi (?spelling?)table saw plugged in and sitting on the sidewalk. He took the cord and saw with him saying the situation was very suspicious. The girls didn't know what to think of a policeman being at the house. Under his breath he said if we'd put them in our garage and just waited or even then called the police, they would have been ours to keep. But I didn't hear that from him...
What kind of person feels the need to take apart someone's fence, plug in a table saw, and leave the area?
Do you think anyone will ever come looking for it?
1 comment:
If they wanted to hide it, they could've just slid the cord under the fence?!? That's quite strange.
Post a Comment