There was a knock at our door Monday night at about 8:30. "Oh no" That was my initial reaction because I'd just put my pajamas on and we were getting kids ready for bed. However it wasn't the relief society presidency that I was worried about, it was a pumpkin full of candy with a note that we'd been ghosted. Makayla was almost giddy with excitment (bedtime-what's that?)
I wanted to come up with something unique but also not too hard for the three families we needed to ghost. Martha Stewart had this great idea for broom treat bags. They were way simple to make, and if I do say so myself, darn cute. Kayla was so proud of them. We were trying to deliver them last night when first the relief society presidency did stop by. We took the picture, and oops Allie pulled the handle and tie off one of our brooms. Nate and Kayla ran the other two to nearby neighbors while I fixed the third. Before they could head out with the third broom, another knock came at our door. The bishopric stopped by to see how we were doing. It's nice to know they care. Kayla however was getting worried it would be too late and was anxious to get the visit over with. We had a nice little (LLLOOONNGGG) talk and then FINALLY the last ghosting was finished. Kayla loved it so much, she's already asking who else we can ghost. Allie was just mad I wouldn't let her eat all the treats and mad Daddy wouldn't let her help deliver the brooms. Oh well, maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment